Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Step Nine

Step Nine
We discussed this step last night in the meeting. There are a couple of people I admire who have been in the program for years and haven't done the steps. He is a Doctor and a very caring person his wife reminds me of olive oil. She openly speaks of not working the steps but takes no action to change her situation. I get angry at them they are looked at with respect but really don't work a program. What the ...
This is where I work my program around this issue and detach. I too was in the program for years and couldn't work the steps or get a sponsor. I was going to do it my way.As they say "my way" brought me alot of pain.
Step Nine " I made a list of people I had harmed and put myself at the top of the list.
Thinking of myself first was wrong I was supposed to take care of everyone else first.
I was never ready to take care of myself and wanted those around me to take care of me. this is where my resentment would also begin cause they werent taking care of me the way I wanted.

Being True to oneself is the greatest gift I can give to those around me.
Gratitude
1. Alanon gave my life back
2. HP has always been there I just couldn't see it

1 comment:

Syd said...

I was at a meeting last night and the topic was Step 9. Many floundered around because they had not worked this step (or any step). I too put myself at the top of the list, followed by my HP. I could not make amends to others until I could make them to myself and my God.

Annie

Annie