Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Devoid of clinging, be released from bondage

Today I had the opportunity to see the Dalai Lama. 11,000 people showed up to listen to his lecture.
I took time off work to see the event. My friends were late but I took care of myself by detaching from their squabble. They were kind enough to get tickets for me for an event that I had been looking forward to attending.

The events teaching was Eight Verses for Training the Mind. He spoke for several hours on this topic. I found myself slipping in and out of sleeping mind. I am fortunate I can show up for myself and embrace some of the knowledge of this lecture today.

Number 3 topic
In all my deeds may I probe into my mind,
And as soon as mental and emotional afflictions arise----
As they endanger myself or others---
May I strongly confront and avert them.

The Dalai Lama mentioned having knowledge is the opposite of ignorance.
Which reminds me of the program having knowledge of gods will for us and the power to carry that out. Being aware is freedom. I search for peace, serenity and freedom from my afflictions.

With the program I live a more balanced and peace filled life and for this I am grateful.

Number 8 topic
And may I recognizing all things as illusion,
Devoid of clinging, be released from bondage.

Gratitude
For this day I lived in a few moments of presence

1 comment:

Syd said...

Devoid of clinging is a great thing. I will take it today as well.

Annie

Annie