Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mirrors

It was a full day today. After work I met a friend at an art auction. We both enjoy art and have collected over the years. Despite the fact I don't have as much money as D I still have some nice original works of art. I began collecting around 20 years ago with small works of students.

She and I have developed a friendship over the years, I enjoy her company. We dont share deep secrets but are close none the less. Some of my friends that I shared more personal aspects of myself to have not really stuck through the thick and thin.
But she and I have remained over the years.

It's odd really I think it might have something to do with my choices in who I got close to in the past. It's great to have the opportunity to look into my life and examine some of my past. Everyone who plays a part in our lives offers something
we might learn. Other people can be our mirrors, reflecting our better and our worse qualities. The can help us to work through conflicts from the past that were never resolved. They can act as catalysts.
I will welcome those friends my HP brings to me today.

Grateful
1. for the program one step at a time
2. meditation
3. patience I had to sit through another translation session today
4. Curious driving an electric vehicle for a few days while my car is being repaired

"Seperate reeds are weak and easily broken; but bound together they are strong and hard to tear apart." The Midrash

3 comments:

Wait. What? said...

I like the idea of being welcoming to those that come to us today, I always called it being open, but welcoming is a better word for it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the gratitude. I got a hybrid rental car for the first time a month or so ago and didn't even think it was working. Felt like a trogladyte when the attendent came over and showed me that it was already running--just no noise--shouldn't they put cards between the spokes or something!

Syd said...

It is great to have someone who is a true friend that lasts through the years. Count yourself lucky on that.

Annie

Annie