Saturday, May 8, 2010

Prayer

Last night i found it hard to sleep, all night I was spinning with horrible negative obsessive thoughts. It lasted for a few hours and then I remembered turning it all over to god. When a negative thought came up I prayed. I prayed for self acceptance, I prayed for addicts still out, I prayed for relief. Slowly the obsession lifted and I slept. It was a hard night.

It has been many months since I have gone through such a hardship. The spin did not last for days it lasted for a few hours. Prayer is a great gift of the program.
I am full of Gratitude. I am not a religous person but I do practice meditation.

This morning after the long night I drove to recovery conference. It was an hour drive outside town, but I went despite having no sleep. My GPS led me to a adondened pier which was the wrong address. It was frightening no one was around and it is in a bad area of town. I tried to keep calm and reentered the address. Eventually the GPS took me to the right address.

The conference was full of people working on thier recovery, and I got to be of service to my group. I felt that it was all worth it once I arrived. Being in a room full of recovering people makes me feel good.

"God meets me where I am ...If I am just willing, He will come to me" As we understood

Grateful
1. AA and the tool kit that comes with working the program
2. Friends in the program
3. Kombucha tea hope it isnt too sugary for me
4. Acceptance
5. Feeling comfortable in my own skin

1 comment:

Syd said...

I don't like to have that "do loop" going in my head with thoughts spinning obsessively. Prayer is the best solution for me also. Glad that the conference went well. What kind of Kombucha do you like?

Annie

Annie