Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Day at a time

Progress not perfection. I feel good tonight. This weekend my sponsee and I met and said goodbye for a couple of months. She is moving back home for a work transfer. She tries her best working, the steps has been very slow. But I believe she has a willingness and some just take more time than others. I have gotten incredible insights by sponsoring. Her struggles and willingness to be vulnerable with her shares are touching.

Watching the Lois Story tonight made me feel grateful. It changed my life showing up for recovery.
One day at a time.

3 comments:

Syd said...

Yes, it made me feel grateful too. I also felt a lot of anxiety watching Bill's drunken binges.

Kathy M. said...

Me too! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

We've all got real saints in our lives, and Lois was certainly one for Bill.

Annie

Annie