Monday, March 19, 2012

Tu-nai

Yesterday was wonderful listened to a great dharma talk on War and Peace. The zendo was cold the winds were whipping through the cracks. I counted my breaths from one to ten and then began again. This simple exercise for me has dramatically helped with anxiety. It has lessened at times then it will grow into the overwhelming monster when I least expect it. Driving over bridges used to cause some stress but I continued to drive over bridges. I live near an incredibly long bridge that expands a bay. Turning it over like a sufi dancer in trance.

My ability to walk through the committee has helped me tremendously in program. Some days I still feel the old me come up for air to stir the pot of self loathing. Today I am fine going to show up in this moment as my blog rolls off and into the computer.
Getting ready for my acupuncture to work on my migraines. This will be my fourth session. I have felt the rolling of energy off my head drain down into my chest as the needles work their mojo. The headaches have changed with each session so I continue to show up. The students seem so eager to help me. Last week the throbbing began on Thursday. The translator was here she encouraged me to try a Chinese tu-nail practitioner down the street. He plucked, then rolled my muscles finally setting my bones as they like to refer to the treatment. It did help, it was expensive 100.00 but I am hoping for relief. It is a practice in patience to have weekly dibliating migraines.

http://www.balanceflow.com/BAtuina.htm

Getting ready for the day.
Grateful for
1. My life is it full
2. The program and learning more each day
3. My HP there to guide me through
4. Patience
5. Final cut pro without it my life would be different.

1 comment:

Syd said...

I am glad to hear that you are dealing with anxiety. It was something that used to gnaw at me. Sometimes it comes out in dreams--the old fear of abandonment and rejection. I hate those. Glad that the acupuncture is working.

Annie

Annie