Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Living in peace

Rain outside the birds are chirping and cars are rushing by to get to work. I live in an incredible area of the city where a large park meets the ocean this is my backyard. I am grateful but sometimes live in fear it will all be taken away. This could happen life changes but I have an HP that will be there for me.

Two sets of friends have come to stay with me recently. It was great to have them in my place. Both groups of people drank
every night. I watched and thought of myself how much wine I had consumed in the past. Then as the years have gone by what lurked under my addiction has become more pronounced. Anxiety, migraines and panic ruled my life. I reached out for further help and found a 12 step meditation group. Learning to meditate has allowed me to feel peace inside for brief moments. This is what my life has to offer more than mere survival. I have a set of tools that I can use to help me during times of trouble.

One step at a time
Gratitude
1. For HP
2. Learning more about my inner life
3. My partner he is a good man
4. New jobs learning patience
5. Friends

"I discovered the secret of the sea meditating on a dewdrop"
Gibran

1 comment:

Syd said...

Great quote and thoughts on meditation. I am looking out at the forest this morning as I am typing. It calms the thoughts in my head.

Annie

Annie