Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gratitude

I have alot to be grateful for in my life and tonight was a good indication of how far I have come in the program. We went to a friends home for Thanksgiving dinner.
There was tons of food and a sommelier pouring oodles of wine. I did not drink, I did not have sadness and feel lonely in a room full of people. We ate Turkey and a man siad inappropriate things to me I didnt plumet to the depths of my self esteem by his comments. This is just incredible recovery for me. What did I do to take care of myself? I didn't make Turkey for a home gathering instead I decided to go to a friends home. In the past My friend would bring her partner who often drinks too much all the time. I didnt want to surrond myself with this problem drinker and my friend who enables his drinking. We drove across the bay to a new friend, to try something new this year.
"I once viewed my life as a tragedy, I now have a different perspective on those experiences."
Gratitude
1. HP has a path for us all
2. This too shall pass
3. tired can hardly stay awake

1 comment:

Syd said...

That sounds really good. Glad that you had a solution and enjoyed Thanksgiving. There are choices and solutions to all these problems. We just have to look.

Annie

Annie