Sunday, November 22, 2009

Flaws

Tonight I made a great homemade dinner and fresh apple galette for desert with cream. I am grateful I didn't have to swig down a bottle of wine to begin the meal. Oh yes I remember being so tired, angry, and full of resentments that to cook a meal I had a few drinks. I don't make the french dinners I used to, frankly it's too much work. My time is valuable and maybe some days I like to meditate or do other projects beside cook. I am not a superwoman. My critical self wants me to be it all and more. When I can't meet up to my expectations it is another cut to my self esteem. This is where I turn it over to God and trust.
My HP loves me despite all my flaws When I learn to love myself as my HP loves me I believe I am doing God's will.
What loving action did I take today? Today when I began to obsess I read some Alanon literature to take me out of the spin.
Self Love is a habit I like to keep going in my life. Learning to Love me, guides me and helps me love the world.
Grateful for
1. HP
2. My meditation program is working for today
3. Loving kindness toward myself and others keeps the world in balance for me
4. 12 steps are a wonderful therapy program and helps me grow
5. I went to a chocolate exhibit and realized it was the wrong weekend..never mind,,,, it was nice to see the bay
6. Sundays are Ok now
7. Thinking of my family and so glad they all seem to be doing so well in their lives (despite the animal hoarding)
"God alone knows the secret plan
Of the things he will do for the world
Using my hand"
Toyohiko Kagawa

1 comment:

Syd said...

I have found that turning it over is the best thing that I can do. Great list!

Annie

Annie