Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sought through prayer

Was at an all day retreat I like to refer to it as brain cleaning. I commit and then most of the time I will show up which is one of my good characteristics. We sat in meditation for a few hours. In the past it was very difficult for me to sit with a group of people all day. It could send me into a feelings that I couldn't identify because I was shut down for so many years. Taking care of people took alot out of me including developing a wide range of feelings. I keep showing up lots can follow from this intention.

Sitting with the women today was nice. My migraine kept me from participating fully but it was better than staying at home. I took a small nap in the back and could still hear the discussion.
Taking care of myself sometimes requires me to stay at home when I don't feel well enough.
My migraines have lessened with acupuncture but still persist. Ignoring the pain doesn't make the pain go away for me as I have tried from twenty years.

Getting ready for sleep and tonight I will pray for my brother. He is suffering with an addiction. I miss him but dont know how to connect to him.

Step 11: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of God's will for us and the power to carry that out


1 comment:

Syd said...

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I hope that he will find his way to the rooms.

Annie

Annie