Sunday, July 29, 2012

WaTCHING

I feel comfortable tonight. Sitting reading blogs ...Went to an art opening today across the bridge full of promising artists and curious viewers. I enjoyed talking to a cartoon artist reading a piece he is creating for CNN. I am outraged about Guantanamo Bay he agreed. It saddens me to have this horror happening today committed by our country.


I ended the day attending a meditation meeting. Eugene Cash spoke of watching our experience by labeling
our experiences - pleasant, unpleasant, neutral. Watching  but not attaching to thoughts, this is freedom to me.


 vijja or the insight knowledge is knowing the pleasant and neutral and unpleasant as they are. We're not asking for partial sensitivity any more, or for the best of the sensory experiences, but we are opening towards total sensitivity which includes all possibilities for pain, ugliness, unpleasantness. Avijja says: 'I don't want to lose my looks; I don't want to have any unpleasant experiences; I want to be happy'. That's avijja. Vijja says: 'There is suffering; there is the origin and the cessation, and there is the way out of suffering.'

1 comment:

Syd said...

Labeling experiences is interesting and sort of what I do when I write in my journal. I write about the day and what kind of interactions were memorable.

Annie

Annie