Thursday, July 12, 2012

You just don't understand

Finished a dinner after a wedding rehearsal for my friend. It was wonderful to be present to the anarchy
of her planning without trying to change it to make it right for me. Weddings can be so overly planed with it all being just so right ...then months later it turns out so wrong. I like things to be shaken up with room for free edges. The wedding planner came disguised as Church representive. She looked at my friend the bride informing her with tight lips " this is all very important things need to be planned. You just don't seem to understand."
I can laugh about it now but I also got caught up in her world. That is right it all needs to be perfectly planed.
And then I get to step  back and mess it up so life can unfold in it's own zany way.
Alanon has allowed me to let go and let god and especially to laugh.
Tomorrow I wear a bridesmaid dress in my 50's.
Gratitude for the incredible wonderful wacky life

1 comment:

Syd said...

Sounds like a lot of control going on about the wedding. I prefer the serendipitous happenings myself.

Annie

Annie