Friday, May 18, 2012

Those that are still suffering

Arrived home late last night after a long wait at the airport. Rushed to fill up the car with gas,
eat a meal at a fast food restaurant (which i only do in emergencies) and drove with urgency to arrive on time for the flight home. Then the flight was delayed and delayed more and then some more time clicked on ...
I arrived safe and sound. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed mine is particularly comfy.

Hadn't spent time with my family in four years. My recovery allowed me to brush off  their comments, I think it had to do with the bank of meetings under my belt. This though did not keep me from getting sucked into the whirlpool of family time slipping into days...I just get pulled into the time slide the family
I was to sacrifice myself and I did often but hated myself for the sacrifice.
The price was just too high having to turn over growing emotionally. The big topics are gardens and birds.
Nothing is mentioned too much beyond this.

All the sad, rebellious kids remind them of me. They often made these comments as they tossed back a crown royal shot often with the kids that fit in....makes me wonder really.

Tired going to bed. Praying for myself, my family and others that I dont know still suffering from the disease of alcoholism.




1 comment:

Syd said...

Yes, I get this. I think that too often we skate around topics in order to keep the peace. But whose peace? I would rather get to the point, but remember restraint of tongue and pen. Like you said, How Important Is It?

Annie

Annie