Saturday, May 19, 2012

5 hinderances

Went to a wonderful retreat today at the Zen farm. Warm weather with a cool breeze off the ocean.
L went over the five hindrances ...I was given  Anger. Still have work to do with my Mom.
Feelings have shifted it is not as charged as in the past but I still feel anger toward her.
Working my steps around the issue and trusting god has a plan for us. There is one incident that particularly infuriates me...and I continue to work on it.
One day I feel it will shift again.

Seeing my family was nice but there were times that were challenging. One night my sister and her husband wanted to go listen to music and down some shots. I love live music but have to admit when you arent drinking being around drunks is not alot of fun. They talk nonsense most of the time. I left the bar after a couple of hours  to sit in the car and watch the crowds walk by in their drunken stupor, graduation is time to celebrate.

It was Ok though most of the trip. I liked to remember "How important is it?"


1 comment:

Syd said...

Yes, I get you on watching the drunks. Not much fun in that. I watched that for enough years. The retreat sounds good and thought provoking.

Annie

Annie