Monday, May 7, 2012

Choices

Heading home after many years. Leaves me with some disturbing dreams.

Dream
I walk through a large empty concrete building looking for a location for a film shoot.
It's Ok I think to myself nothing special.  I continue to walk through the space suddenly a giant man appears in the scene. I try to ignore him looking around for a good shot. Eventually I realize the giant is going to do harm to me. Running through the building I look for a safe place to take refuge. I decide to hide in a janitors closet it is the only room that has a lock on it's door. It is a very small room with janitors supplies and a toilet,
and a very small window which looks into a courtyard. The giant tries to enter but can't
I retreat in fear trying to think of how I am going to get out the situation.

This sums up how I sometimes lead my life jumping into scenes and not realizing there is danger lurking around the corner. As a child my life was filled with anxiety waiting for my Dad to come home drunk. Today with my husband I often wonder if I recreate the drama i was raised.

I have a choice so tonight I choose serenity and peace
D



1 comment:

Syd said...

I understand that anxiety as I would spend time wondering if my father would come home drunk as well. That knot in the throat and the sick feeling inside are all too familiar.

Annie

Annie