Sunday, February 5, 2012

Turning

Turning my will and life over to the care of God. I did not trust there would be anyone there for me. God? This was my willpower that ran things, others, myself until it all fell apart. I am grateful it did fall into ruins the pieces were scattered and I was unable to put it back together again. This is where the program had a crack to enter into my life. My ego was letting go for once it did not have a choice.

Stepping into the unknown and trusting the program would be there for me. Taking baby steps this weekend I wanted to control reaching out and doing service for others.

Grateful
1. My precious life
2. curiosity
3. health
4. love of reading
5. my laptop

Step Three: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him. “Bring the body and the mind will follow.” This was an early piece of A.A. folkwisdom that program old-timers used to pass on to new recruits. It was a simple way to convey the deeper truth that this is a program of action. Steps Three through Twelve are action steps designed to bring about what Carl Jung called a “conversion experience” or a “spiritual awakening”. This change in the Mind of the addict had to be powerful enough to overcome addiction. Take enough rigorous action and soon the Mind will change. Worry about it, think about it, talk about it and you’re very likely to remain unchanged.


Remember always that you are just a visitor here
A traveler passing through
Your stay is but short
The moment of your departure unknown

1 comment:

Syd said...

So true. My stay is short and my departure is unknown. I am glad to have had a conversion to think differently--without just reacting all the time. I feel quiet inside most days. Today is one of those.

Annie

Annie