Sunday, February 26, 2012

Loveable

Ready for my Sunday to begin. My partner sleeps in the next room past 10:00A this morning I will walk alone.
Taking care of myself means spending some time alone...quite a bit of time alone. Working the program though
has given me the chance to learn to enjoy spending time with me. Strange as this sounds it was and still is
one of incredible self discovery learning to spend time alone. I was very upset in the past when my husband wouldn't participate in
his life the way I wanted. He liked being in his office working. There were so many things to explore in this world and I decided to
go out on my own. There are times I still have sadness around his inability to show up but this is his life. I work my program around this issue and turn it over to HP. HP has a plan for the universe.

Today I am going to walk along the ocean near my home. The water makes me feel calm. Later in the day I will meet up with friends.
Through working the steps, I have learned that I am lovable, regardless of what a parent or anyone else thinks. I can either feel sorry for what I have missed or I can appreciate the chance to learn to love and appreciate the chance to learn to love and appreciate myself. I do some of both, but today I know I have a choice. Courage to Change

"Gradually I accepted the fact that my 'if only' wishes were not about to come true. But i also learned that i could be happy even if they didn't."
Al-anon faces alcoholism

1 comment:

Syd said...

I realize that my life partner is different from me. She is quiet and often passive. I've come to accept that. I love her. I can't change others. When I stopped wishing to do that, I gained acceptance of myself as well.

Annie

Annie