Thursday, February 9, 2012

Birds

Just got through feeding the birds. They come in large groups finches, sparrows, the occasional blue jay to feed on the nuts. It is comforting to watch them go about their business. My family loves birds and it is a safe topic we can share with one another. It's important for me to remember there are better areas in our lives to chat about. There is too much Fox news being spread across and into the homes of people. Fear and distrust is not a good intention to run through the day.

I am making some baby steps with my mother. Recently my step father died after battling a long illness. He wasnt the nicest man to be around especially after he guzzled the two six packs. So for today I wish our relationship to heal moving closer to some serene moments between us. I believe it is all her fault and she might have the same feeling. The Alanon disease just goes on and on until I have the willingness to work on myself. Everything else changes then the world spins according to the universal plan.

Getting ready to work on a video project at the Z Center. Lots of robes, chanting, and incense this weekend.

My thoughts are my teachers. Are they teaching me to love and appreciate myself and others, or are they teaching me to practice isolation? Today I will choose my teachers with greater care.
Courage to Change

2 comments:

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Thank you for sharing.

Syd said...

I know what you mean. I still don't discuss my political views in front of many, unless I know them. It is a topic that is sure to be divisive in these times. Thankfully I have chosen to do something about trying to get others to see my view. I say the Serenity Prayer and remind myself that I cannot change the minds of others.

Annie

Annie