Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Taking care of ourselves

Just arrived home from a beautiful trip up north to the Hot Springs. It is such a beautiful spot
two hours drive. There is a large swimming mineral pool, hot plunge, cold plunge and saunas. Hot water bubbling up from a volcanic source soothes the soul. I particular like to rest in the hot pool and then jump into the cold plunge and begin again.

I camp it is nice sleeping outside it relaxes and comforts me. This is not the roughing it kind of camping I bring a thin mattress with good bedding. The stars are incredible in the city they lost. A woman today mentioned it is good for the body to sleep near the earth. Sleeping with the night sounds of animals, insects and water in a stream relaxes me deeply. I feel so refreshed when I wake up in the morning.


There are no cell phone towers or computers allowed. Grateful I get to relax in such a beautiful environment. Taking care of myself means allowing vacations to be a part of my plan.
My HP is there for my partner when I am away. I am learning to trust things work out just the way they are supposed to. I can have gratitude in my life shifting the negative attitude that was my storyline it keeps the disease alive.

"The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." Martha Washington






1 comment:

Syd said...

It sounds like a great experience. I want to do some tent camping this fall. Sleeping next to the earth or on the water is good for the soul.

Annie

Annie