Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Let Go

Just trying to keep it simple today. Don't feel I had better attend my Alanon meeting tonight.
Taking care of myself means being mindful of how I feel physically also.

This regular Tuesaday meeting that I loved in the past is becoming a challenge for me. One particular member who has 24 years in the rooms regularly declares she has not worked a step.
Just last week she declared again that she hasn't worked a step.
Her partner does work the steps ? They are cornerstones of this one particular meeting.
I have spoken to my Sponsor about my issue with this particular person. I have not revealed her name to anyone nor will I.
I keep reminding myself, "Principals before personalities".
She is leading the group but not working a program. I count on the rooms to guide me. It is difficult to trust in some situations.
Am I attaching to this one particular situation that does not work to distance myself from the rooms? I do attend several meetings during the week.

I will sit with the discomfort and watch myself around this issue. Maybe I will find another meeting to attend. I do have choices around this problem. Keeping the focus on myself and not attaching to her problem will be a big lesson for me.I am powerless over her recovery program.

This is where I turn it over to my HP and meditate.
Let Go and Let God










1 comment:

Syd said...

I stopped going to a meeting a while ago because there was a lady there who completely dominated and broke every tradition. I wasn't getting any peace or serenity from that meeting, so I left. Maybe one day I will go back but there are other meetings where I find recovery and solutions. I choose those.

Annie

Annie