Sunday, August 7, 2011

3 c's

Wonderful hike today with friends. I stayed at home for half of the day then made a phone call to friends. They suggested a hike I decided to take care of myself I left and let Y have his time at home working. He mentioned I work with him on a project. His need to work seven days a week is not my choice on how I want to spend my Sunday. Instead I hiked a beautiful trail with friends in the mountains. I tried my best to detach with love from Y. Turning my will and my life over to the care of HP as I understand. Trying to keep the focus on me helps the whole situation. What can I do to take care of myself in the moment.

In the past I felt responsible for his workaholic choices. What had I done to cause our relationship to suffer? Everything was my fault.

Lately I again notice some anger arise toward him regarding his constant need to work. I don't have to fix him is one of my mantras. He complains constantly about his employees and his life. I get sad when I hear about his anxiety. He has a HP just as I do. I begin the vigilant watch over his behavior. He calls me a cop and it might be true. I am watching him to do something wrong so I can vent. This gives me a chance to release steam that has been built up.

The three c's
Didn't cause it, can’t cure it, and can’t control it. We begin to learn the basic Al-Anon premise of taking our focus off of the alcoholic and keeping the focus on ourselves.

Sitting in meditation helps me take care of myself. Having a meditation program is a tool I can take with me wherever I go.




1 comment:

Syd said...

I understand this. Great post. I listened to a "dry" friend last evening go on and on about his financial problems, yet he hasn't worked in two years and won't apply for jobs. He has a Higher Power and I'm not it. I can't solve this for him.

Annie

Annie