Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taking Care

I had to take care of myself and rest today. I wasn't feeling well. The last few days I over worked.
Sometimes I over do my day and fill it to the brim.
My business partner had a falling out with her dentist. She asked me for advice in the matter. I replied Alanon is a great program and might work for you. She smiled and I smiled.
I don't want to take care of her. This care taking could get some resentments brewing. I have enough on my plate keeping the focus on myself so it doesn't get projected out into the world.
In Alanon we don't make anyones choices for them, but we do offer advice of another kind. We suggest attending Alanon meetings, finding a sponsor and reaching out by phone.
Gratitude
HP is there for everyone
My sister sent a wonderful note to me
Carrot soup cures what ails you
We need rain but we are getting too much

"When I concentrate on my personal progress, the difficulties over which I have no control will iron themselves out"
The Dilemma of the Alcoholic Marriage

2 comments:

Syd said...

Good stuff. I am glad that I don't have the burden of making choices for others.

Findon said...

Good to rest, the most important part of our life I think.

Annie

Annie