Sunday, February 14, 2010

Freedom

Attended a good meeting tonight but really felt like I needed to leave after the share.
Why? I feel anxious these days and tired. Or maybe it was her share that ruffled my feathers a little. What I remember is after 20 years she still has to work her program, is happy with the simpler things life has to offer, and there are a few disappointments in what her life is today. She thought her career would lead to fame but it did not happen as planned.
I am dealing with regrets these days or examining what is my life is about today.
I thought maybe I would have a child in my life. I did not have children there was too much going on in my life. I was luckily traveling the world and loving my career. Now I physically can't have children. Today I am having to deal with the choices that worked for me in the past but have left me questioning if I made the wrong decision.
This is my life and more will be revealed. Discovering parts of my deeper self have widened my perspective.

We are guided on this journey by a Power greater than ourselves, but the steps we take must be our own. Only by facing the darkness can we receive the treasure-- the light and joy of emerging released from all that has held us back.

Self knowledge is the path to personal freedom. the steps give me directions and help me to cope with anything I encounter along the way.

Gratitude
HP has a plan for me
12 steps and step 4
The ocean was beautiful today full of white caps
gardening was frustrating so many weeds have taken hold again
I have lemons

1 comment:

Syd said...

Life can be a disappointment or not. I have that choice and I have chosen to really live life and enjoy it. We are glad to have made the decision not to have children. Our genes would probably have produced an alcoholic. Not a good thing to carry on.

Annie

Annie