Saturday, February 13, 2010

Detachment

Today we made a trip out of town to visit a friend who lives a few hours away.
H and I really needed a break from our everyday lives. He works non stop seven days a week. I noticed he was anxious before we left. I tried to keep myself detached from his experience. I practiced keeping the focus on myself and my feelings.

In the past we often would have arguments when we left town and H would have stayed home. I would have gone on the trip alone. We had a bad argument last night but I made amends for an error on my part. Today we didn't argue it was pleasant. Just a simple trip nothing outrageous or special. Todays journey without arguing is the program working in my life today.
The more I work Alanon, the steps and do service life seems to take on a new way.
It feel today there are moments where I am living a serene life.

"I was convinced that I had to take care of everything and everybody I had no choice.
But with the help of Alanon I have learned that while I do have responsibilities, there are also many things I do not have to do:"
Gratitude
HP guides us all
12 steppin with the 4th step
My life feels pretty good today
I can appreciate the small moments

"No one else can define our role in the unique partnership we develop with our HP."
In All Our Affairs

1 comment:

Syd said...

I am glad to be able to detach and enjoy the day when others get into a bunch of drama or irritability. I have come to realize much is not about me.

Annie

Annie