Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I didn't cause it

Tonight home from a acupuncture appointment for my neck and hip. It has eased the pain. Knowing how to take care of myself is a gift of the program. I drove directly from work to the office for a session. To relax with needles is healing letting go for the good of myself.......

Struggling  with my marriage. Y had a furious rage attack directed at me. Watching him with detachment was alarming. To take care of myself I need to remember that sometimes I have to leave the room the house the city even to take care of myself.  In the past I would blame myself for his behavior, I just wasnt doing the right things to make him happy. With the help of Alanon today I feel it deeper within myself that I did not

I didn’t cause it
I don’t control it
And I can’t cure it

Changing the dynamics of our relationships
In Al‑Anon we learn how to set boundaries, to say yes when we
mean yes, and no when we mean no. We no longer give to others
out of obligation, control, or fear, but because we want to give.
Once we begin to take better care of ourselves, we can begin to
give to others in healthier ways.

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Y walks around the home with his head hanging. I am not sure how to deal with my feelings around his rage.
Working my program around it all.

No comments:

Annie

Annie