Monday, August 27, 2012

Detach

Feeling uneasy tonight. Think it is time to take care of Dianne and let the niece take care of herself now.
She is meeting up with friends. My husband is still taking her around town although he is soooo behind with work. I am feeling old feelings coming up that are not sitting pretty in my life.
Y takes care of others at my expense. This reminds me of my childhood family setting.
There would only be so much to go around and the alcoholic father was the mess to be taken care of.
My mother was flirting with her lovers Lies to my father so she could meet them.
I waited for my turn which never came. This left me feeling alone and unlovable.

This means I am feeling out of sorts with D. What do I need to do to take care of me in this situation.
I might need to go out of town camping, swimming or hiking. There is a great place out of town that I enjoy.
Y can take care of his niece and I don't have to wait and watch for my turn to happen.
Detach with love.
Sit by a stream and listen to nature which is healing and loving to me.

Detachment with love means caring enough about others to allow them to learn from their mistakes. It also means being responsible for our own welfare and making decisions without ulterior motives-the desire to control others.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Sounds like a good plan. Getting away from old habits and getting away from those who bring up old habits is wise.

Annie

Annie