Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good things to enjoy

Feeling calm and peaceful these days despite a set back with a migraine. My birthday was spectacular despite a disappointment with a friend. I took care of myself and went with another friend to a beautiful area to hike beside waterfalls.
In the past my whole day would have been ruined due to T not being able to show up for an event. But I made plan B and this friend did show up as she has in the past. It has quite a bit to do with learning how to take care of myself using my tools when I need them.

I enjoy the hike besides waterfalls cascading into a clear pool of pale blue water.
Stones were covered with thick moss, banana slugs, and ferns bending into the streams.
It was as if we were in a rain forest rich with deep silence. It is a magical place that is only 30 minutes from my home. Life is good. I can enjoy simple hikes with good friends. Focus on what is working in my life rather than fixate on what is not working.

One day at a time

1 comment:

Syd said...

I'm glad that your birthday went well. Sorry that I have been away from commenting. The special place sounds awesome. I cherish those special places that I visit because they soothe my soul.

Annie

Annie