Saturday, November 5, 2011

Iron Skillets

Woke up early had trouble sleeping last night. I counted my breathe to ease the anxiety. Not sure what was brewing in me but things didn't seem to mix well for a good nights sleep. The early morning brought some relief but oh then the committee started in. I reached into my bag of tools and pulled out the detach and turn it over to Hp wrench. It took some extra lovin to ease into the day.

The zen center was first on my stops. I sat near a friend who also works a 12 step program. He went into great detail about his facebook post of a potato gratin dish.
I tried to engage by bringing in my love of the iron skillet. They are an under rated
pan a treasure from the past.
Engaging in fellowship takes me out of myself. The room was full of frowning mediators sitting to try and make things right with their world.
These days I try and upturn my mouth when I meditate. Intention. Attitude of Gratitude.

The talk was on FEAR. I listened carefully but my mind was like a wild monkey thoughts came and went.
I fantasized about a work situation. Things are going well with my company but there are challenging moments. My breath brought me back into the moment. A young monk who sat in front of me was attractive, his robes looked like he might have surfed in them this morning.

This was my day time moved along I traveled through it. My life was comfortable today. This precious human life I was given had some serenity. Tonight is peaceful.
Rain pounds against the window music from the radio moves through my bedroom.

Gifts of the program turning it over to HP

1 comment:

Syd said...

Fear is at the root of all my problems. It causes the committee to go into action.

Annie

Annie