Tuesday, October 11, 2011

This too shall pass

Returned last night from ten days in New York. I enjoyed my time staying with friends and relatives. Fall is a time of melancholy for me life is moving in a new direction. I sat in the warm sun many times being present for myself with not much tripping into the past or future. This is the beauty of vacations some time of rest both emotionally and physically. My minds chatter seemed less by not having it's key to begin the committee sessions.
Going to an Alanon meeting in New York was rewarding knowing the program is there for me when I reach out.
Gazing around the room I noticed a woman from meetings out west. Nice to see familiar faces.

I like to also believe working my program has brought me moments of serenity and I am able to feel it.
Gratitude for my life and the deepening and widening of my emotional self.

My friend and I are still working through a dark patch but I trust the universe has a plan for both of us.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Glad that your trip went well. It is good to go to out of town meetings. I come away knowing how great the fellowship is and how it reaches worldwide.

Annie

Annie