Saturday, October 15, 2011

Accept Yourself

Began the day with a nice cup of ethiopian espresso, made at home. I jumped into my car to pick up media to deliver to a client. This client N has become a friend of mine, last month her husband passed from cancer. As all this delivering was whizzing by in my life the sky turned blue the sun began to glitter through the few remaining clouds.
It has been challenging sorting, scanning and placing photos of T for his memorial. I knew T when he was barely able to create sentences his vibrant life has been swept away by cancer.
After the delivery I had to troubleshoot the electronics to assure everything would go smooth. Things did not proceed as planned most times they don't with new equipment. Her parents, dog and brother in law were swirling around us as I tried to keep an order to the troubleshooting. Hours passed and in the end it all seemed to work out we will see what unfolds tomorrow.

What does the program teach me when dealing with death, expectations, and worry...Turn it over sister to HP before another negative feeling emerges to add fire. My business partner is one on the bonfire I forgot to mention. Feelings are not facts.
I like to step back and let god take care of me tonight. Yes I am repeating myself I still mistrust the universe holds me in a loving caring manner.


“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh

1 comment:

Syd said...

So very true and yet I wonder why it is so difficult. I am still learning to accept myself just as I am.

Annie

Annie