Sunday, May 15, 2011

Turning it over to HP

The day is ending with a rain. I look out at the ocean watching the golden light the last of the day. The sun sets and another day as ended.
It was a difficult weekend. Our translators husband is in his final days on earth. N has worked tirelessly for our documentary. It was a practice in letting go and turning to HP to sit with him as he cried. He can no longer put sentences together a man who translated Russian space documents.
I realize his passing challenges me to look at life. A japanese friend commented when my grandmother was passing "remember without death there is no life." This sentence calmed me years ago sitting in a hospital waiting room.
Turning it over to HP who has a plan for the universe frees me to be present without worry and anxiety. If I can sit with him without trying to fix it this is a great gift I can give to him in these last days.


May I be well, happy, and peaceful.
May my teachers be well, happy, and peaceful.
May my parents be well, happy, and peaceful.
May my relatives be well, happy, and peaceful.
May my friends be well, happy, and peaceful.
May the indifferent persons be well, happy, and peaceful.
May the unfriendly persons be well, happy, and peaceful.
May all meditators be well, happy, and peaceful.
May all beings be well, happy, and peaceful.

If you wish, add the following prayer:
"Om Mani Padme Hum" ("Hail to the jewel in the lotus")

2 comments:

Syd said...

I am very sorry. But I am taking the comment about death and life with me today. Thank you.

Mary said...

I am remembering a prayer group friend who passed away a year ago this sat.at the age of 42, leaving behind 4 young kids. My 68 year old mom is VERY slowly dying of Alcohol Dementia in a nursing home...it is from the dying that we learn how to really LIVE...recovery helps us do that! I love your prayer :)
Check out my caregiving/recovery blog at
maryjsnustad.wordpress.com

Annie

Annie