Sunday, May 29, 2011

Restless

It was a soft day full of gardening then ending with a walk on the beach. I began the day feeling anxious wishing I had attended a retreat yesterday. I was tired though and felt I needed rest more. This is what happens somedays I don't feel content. I end up thinking I should have done something else than what I chose. I remember this too shall pass..Sometimes I get caught up in trying to figure it out when HP has a plan and I can always turn it over.

Restless Irritable and Discontent
Spiritual progress turning my life over to the care of HP
This is where I work my program do the footwork


"When you are practicing Zazen meditation do not try to stop your thinking. Let it stop by itself. If something comes into your mind, let it come in and go out, it will not stay long. When you try to stop your thinking, it means you are bothered by it. Do not be bothered by anything. It appears that the something comes from outside your mind, but actually it is only the waves of your mind and if you are not bothered by waves, gradually they will become calmer and calmer...Many sensations come, many thoughts or images arise but they are just waves from your own mind, Nothing comes from outside your own mind...If you leave your mind as it is, it will become calm. This mind is called big mind."
Suzuki Roshi in Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind

2 comments:

Syd said...

I am glad to know that those waves that move through my mind will eventually dissipate. A walk on the beach definitely helps me.

SFM said...

Great Zen quote JFT - thanks for sharing that today.

Annie

Annie