Monday, April 4, 2011

Where I focus my attention

I just got back from my Buddhist meeting. Throughout the meeting I felt ill at ease.
Despite this feeling I meditated walking through my fear. Walking through my character defects with grace, mindfulness and willingness. Buddhists believe we are fluid dynamic underneath our habits of mind. Beneath our hinderances, beneath the thoughts feelings and sensations is pure awareness. Beautiful way to view my interior it is true surrender. Our nature is a luminous presence and this nature can not be defective.

Letting go and surrendering my negative self talk is slippery. My will power wants to hold on tight to being a victim so much sadness bathes my identity. One suggestion is to focus on the parts of the day when I am not feeling depressed. How I think about myself is important to how I feel about myself.
Alanon has helped me to discover that, while it's good to acknowledge whatever I feel, I have a choice about where I focus my attention. I have been given a precious life and have been created for a purpose. I can look at the postive in everything that I do and see. A new perspective helps me to realize I have choices and some of the most difficult times in my life have produced the most wonderful changes.

I will replace a negative attitude with a positive one today.

Gratitude
Hp has plans for me and I dont have to understand it all
I have been a member now for over 3 years again after an absence.
My life has many wonderful moments, hours, days, and years!


1 comment:

Syd said...

It is hard to let go of the old behaviors. But with self awareness and surrender I am doing that.

Annie

Annie