Sunday, December 26, 2010

keeping it in the moment.

Holidays. It was a pleasant Xmas day at my home despite some rough parts. This year I sunk a couple of times going down into the depths of the dark forest, despite these set backs I did the footwork to make things nice at home. I got a tree decorated it with my collection of ornaments and made a nice cosey fire several nights in a row. I invited Y's nephew a friend, my neighbor and a couple of program people. Y and I planned a wonderful dinner and cooked together without a quarrel. I dont remember having the usual feeling that I made an error in my life with my choices. This is one of my common thoughts that circled in my mind since I was a young girl. I felt my life was over at eighteen years old! I felt the weight of the world on my back at a young age. All my guests showed up and the evening didn't end with a fight. This is the program working for me. I am forever grateful for my serenity.

Some days are better than others. But I have the program to embrace me even when I cant.

My Alanon meeting on the twenty fourth was all about choices. I forget there are many ways to look at a situation and I don't have to be shaped by others emotional condition. I am free to detach and keep an attitude of gratitude.

Grateful
1. Program is there for us all
2. My HP is at my side day and night
3. Keeping it in the moment


"I now try to take my problems to my HP but I leave the solutions and the time table up to Him".
As We Understood




1 comment:

Syd said...

I am glad that the day turned out well. We all have those sinking moments. I am grateful that I know how to get out of them.

Annie

Annie