Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Joyous and Free

Fourth of July I think back to it as a kid and remember my brothers making home made firecrackers. One particular bomb blew my brothers finger up and it's still crooked.
They were boys having fun blowing up a rock patch. It was sad when my brother hurt himself, he was always hurting himself. He grew up to be an alcoholic and was a member of AA for many years. He currently suffers extreme pain from back surgery. He does not attend meetings anymore but i have to remember taking care of me is all I have to think about.
I love him and trust his higher power has an incredible plan for his life.

Buddhism has added an incredible element to my life in recovery as I have blogged about in the past. Looking over my posts I notice my attention to my problems when I blog and forget to mention some of my better moments.
Problems can be my opportunity for growth and a chance to commit more deeply to my choices.
I feel some of this attention to problems has to do with having a safe place to talk about some of my inner demons, but I also think it has to do with identifying too strongly with my problems. Let go and let god. Am I clinging to life, holding on, feeling as if I have control over it all.
Nice to let in some other aspects of my life into my blog it is also important to have gratitude in my life.
Happy joyous and free. When I turn over my will and my life to a HP it all seems to work out.


Change your thoughts and you change your world. Peale

Gratitude for my life today.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Thanks for this. I am interested in Buddhism. Being happy, joyous and free is something that can be achieved if I choose to.

Annie

Annie