Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Turning it over

It has been a while since my last post but I was still reading others blogs. H family was here from Canada and elsewhere staying at our home. In the past I would not take breaks from them and my job when I wasn't working was touring them around the city.
My Alanon merging would begin and their needs became more important than taking care of myself. Then my resentments would surface the the obsessions would begin. The spin would circulate and not end for days...This was insanity as it would take over my thinking and cause me to act out on this craziness. I am proud of myself the spin event began and I took myself out of the
family and got myself to a meeting and then another meeting and this continued....and my resentments were lessened
Turning it over to God is another great tool..
My sister in law is challenging at the moment with some family matters but
I am praying for her. I pray she be given the serenity love and joy that I want for myself. What is it I need to accept or change?
Off to work another lovely day here in the West
Gratitude
1. HP takes care of me and everyone has a HP
2. the 12 steps and in particular the willingness to work step 4
3. my work with my partner is going well
4. H bday is coming up and I am glad we are together on this planet
5. Just for today I am feeling pretty good about my life
" No one else can define our role in the unique partnership we develop with our HP" In all our affairs

1 comment:

Syd said...

When I don't go to meetings and do service work, my crazy thinking can come back in a heart beat.

Annie

Annie