Sunday, October 11, 2009

Resentments

Wonderful weekend, things at my home group meeting seemed to have settled down. One particular individual wasn't at this Saturdays meeting which seemed to make things so much calmer of was I the one who was calmer? I sat through 4 business meetings in a row listening to her rally against the GSR position, and the group having to pay for my conferences. I prayed for her as I was noticing I was getting a serious resentment. But then I realized I had to change the way I was looking at the problem, she wasn't going to change. What was I learning from this situation? Eventually it is being revealed that life has many challenges in all kinds of situations even my AA program. Learning how to speak up for myself with gentleness and not getting angry to cover over my insecurity is a big lesson. Then turning it all over to God in regards to the results.
"Resentments mark the places where I see myself as a victim. I want to let them go because they cost me too much self-esteem. I will love myself enough to release myself from the closet in which resentments keep me locked."
Gratitude
1. HP has given me alot of gifts
2. 12 steppin the day away
3. Yoga keeps my life supple
4. Nevelsons sculpture is alive and well
5. Love my job and I hate it sometimes too
"If we want to stop the vicious cycle of unhappiness we must learn new ways of living
new ways of relating to each other"
How can I help my children

2 comments:

Syd said...

Amen to what you wrote. I don't want to cling to or start any resentments.

Wait. What? said...

You are walking the walk my friend! Keep at it!

Annie

Annie