Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Live in the present

Today waking up to a foggy morning. I feel a slight migraine hope it will pass. How do I take care of myself in this situation? Learning to notice how I feel is changing how I lived most of my life.
In the past I ignored alot of things to keep going. In some ways this benefited me I was a Alanonic child worrying taking care of others at my expense, afraid of the future, thinking I had all the answers.
But my health has taken me and screamed Hello we are here, noticing but not in an ego driven way.
I like what Buddhists say we are already enlightened it's here within everyone.
The day is stretching and it's time to begin my work. Nice to place a few words out there for
reflection.

Just For Today: The slogan, “Just For Today” tells us that things are more manageable when we deal with and live in the present. Things that seem way too difficult to manage long term may seem more manageable if we deal with them just for today. We can move forward in small steps rather than be overwhelmed by trying to change everything at one time. 

1 comment:

Syd said...

So good to read this. I think awareness has come to me through Al-Anon. And enlightenment is part of that awareness.

Annie

Annie