Thursday, August 14, 2014

Feeling pretty good


Today I woke up feeling pretty good, no obsessions. Before the program I would wake up
with swirling obsessions on things I had done wrong in my life. It was painful to attach and witness this  negative self talk. One tool I have learned is feelings aren't facts, I have a choice in how to deal with situations including my own negative programming. Sitting in the rooms and witnessing others being honest with themselves has helped relieve thinking I am the only one that thinks this way,
having a sponsor who knows my deepest self, being of service to others, and working the steps.
Having a HP of my understanding helps to turn it over, I dont have to do it alone.
Still there are moments when I feel so alone and forgotten usually during the Holidays.
Sitting in meditation has guided me to learn acceptance and patience toward myself and others.
Some of my early day sits were very challenging watching my brian spin around and want to take me down a dusty path. Giving up the victim role.
For today I am fine just where I am at. I have tools from the program.
Taking it one day at a time.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Yes! I am feeling good lately too. And I too have learned to be gentler with myself. That old feeling of rejection and abandonment isn't with me as much lately.

Annie

Annie