Saturday, March 2, 2013

Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t be mean when you say it.

Feeling content tonight reading and relaxing. MY BIL and family has recently returned from his other home.
He is rubbing me the wrong way, I have to make sure my expectations aren't getting in the way. 
Some of his  behaviors are disturbing and how do I take care of myself around this?
Taking care of me means setting my boundaries about what is acceptable behavior.
B is a heavy drinker and his problem seems to be getting worse over the years.
Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don’t be mean when you say it.
Tonight I am going to take the focus off him and keep the focus on what I need to take care of myself.
Detach with love.
HP has a plan and I don't have to figure it out.



1 comment:

Syd said...

Sometimes, it's just best to leave the scene and go to another room. I don't want to be around those who are actively drinking. Fortunately, there are no family members who are. I am grateful.

Annie

Annie