Sunday, March 3, 2013

Let God do the work

The day was nice and full with a little too many activities scheduled. I had a big breakfast with the nephew hopped into the car for the flea market. Precious old items on tables lined the flat base as large cargo ships
rolled past. I enjoyed spending time with our nephew, he is a considerate boy. There are times I treat him
too much like a friend and think a boundary is good for both of us.
He has been through a similar crazy childhood filled with a drug addict father shooting up cocktails from the pharmacy. It's something he doesn't like to talk about so I keep quiet.
Instead I try to encourage him.
Bringing this up when others don't ask for addict information is bad timing. They may never bring it up so I learn to  let God carry them.

Al Anon is for people who want it rather than people who need it.

Step 6  Be willing, Be ready and let God do the work

My days are feeling fuller with less anxiety. In Jan. it was 5 years again in the program for this I am grateful.

1 comment:

Syd said...

Yes, I keep the statement that Al-Anon is for people who want it rather than need it as a reminder when dealing with those I sponsor. Some think that they need it but aren't committed enough to want it.

Annie

Annie