Sunday, July 21, 2013

Finding Happiness

I dont read my blogs as much as I did in the beginning of my program days.
But I still come to it weekly to check others writings. It is still an important part of my recovery reaching out getting honest...mainly to realize that I am not alone in my sufferings. There are others out there that
also share in my struggles and that it can change. It has moved into a calmer life for me.
One day at a time it can for you also. It is important still for me to attend meetings, work with a sponsor and work the steps.

"We, too, were lonely
and frustrated, but in Al-Anon we discover that no
situation is really hopeless and that it is possible for
us to find contentment, and even happiness, whether
the alcoholic is still drinking or not.”

1 comment:

Syd said...

I am the same. It seems that I have the tools of the program to use, and I am helped enormously by them, even during the very tough times. I don't feel the frantic confusion that I once did. Thanks for still being here.

Annie

Annie